This is Apollo. Apollo is Kidman Park Primary School’s first ever Therapy dog. Apollo first came to Kidman Park on the 28th of August 2019. He benefits our school in many ways. For example he calms people down, he helps people who might need extra support, if people are respectful he will be a reward and he will cheer people up because everyone needs a dog in their life. He will work alot with kids that either have disabilities or need extra help/support. Apollo benefits our school in many ways and we hope that he can help more people.
- Going on walk and talks with students and Miss Amanda
- Working in the Learning Centre- where he wears a sensory vest and interacts with students
- Working with our Junior Primary classes in the library
- Calming time – when a child is upset or anxious
- Reward time – when students have worked towards a goal
- Friendship building – working with small groups of children doing fun things like playing fetch
- Yard duty – with Miss Amanda sometimes at break times or after school
- Generally putting a smile on the faces of our staff, students and parents!