GOVERNING COUNCIL CODE OF PRACTICE
• Act honestly, in good faith and in the best interests of the school as a whole.
• Use due care and diligence in fulfilling the functions of office and exercising the powers attached to that office.
• Use the powers of office for proper purpose and in the best interests of the school.
• Recognise the primary responsibility is to the school’s shareholders as a whole, but should, where appropriate, have regard for the interests of all stakeholders of the school.
• Make only proper use of information acquired as a governing councillor.
• Not allow personal interests, or the interests of any associated person, to conflict with the interests of the school.
• Be independent in judgement and actions and take all reasonable steps to be satisfied as to the soundness of all decisions taken by the governing council.
Parents can raise agenda items with the Governing Council or a subcommittee by contacting the chairperson.